Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay

As a child, my aunt and uncle took me and my cousins camping every summer at a nearby lake.  I have wonderful memories from those camping trips, precious ones in fact, that inlude a special cousin that died way to young.  I miss him dearly.  I miss being a kid and getting so excited about a weekend at the lake that it made my stomach hurt.  I pray that my daughter has memories similar to this to last her a lifetime.  Anyway, here in the Panhandle, we have been in a drought...a bad drought.  This lake looks nothing today like it does in my memories and I'm afraid it may not be around much longer.  These photos are of the boat docks near the beach where we camped every summer.  I remember sitting on these docks with a lantern at night, trying to catch the minnows that darted in and out of the algae.  These docks now rest about 300 yards from the water's edge.  It's really very sad.

 Of course "Little Miss" doesn't seem to be having any trouble making memories of her own here.


No comments:

Post a Comment